1. My roommate has me hooked on breakfast cereal as dessert in the dining hall. My favorites are Lucky Charms, Cocoa Puffs, and Cap’n Crunch. The way I see it, a small bowl of sugar cereal is better then eating a piece of cake. There is only 10 grams of sugar and 1 gram of fat in a cup of Lucky Charms as opposed to 24 grams of sugar and 13 grams of fat in a Hershey Bar. Whatever. Don’t judge me.
2. As a former diet soda addict, it has been 75 days since I last drank a diet soda or juice, or added any artificial sweeteners (I miss you Splenda) to any of my food or drinks. Obviously, there are still all kinds of artificial sweeteners in processed foods, but I have really been making an effort not to add artificial sweeteners when I can control it. I’ve also been caffeine free except for one frappuccino.
3. Maryland has decided to skip over spring and go straight to summer. It’s going to be 88 degrees (33°C) today. Last week, it was 40 (4°C) degrees and gusting 17 mile per hour winds. Even as a native, Maryland weather makes no sense to me.
4. I got some new running shoes last weekend. I am an extreme overpronator, so I have to replace my shoes every four months or otherwise my knees and hips start acting up and make running impossible. They are pink (and were on sale at Khol’s), and I feel like I can run 4 minute miles when I am wearing them. I actually ran my fastest 5K time, 26:55, with them on Sunday.
5. I bought an Essie nail polish in Bikini So Teeny, and I have to admit, I love it. Even though, I have always thought expensive nail polish was overrated, Essie has definitely exceeded my expectations.
6. I started filling out my application for the host university in England where I am applying to study abroad. I was looking at a copy of my passport the other day, and I realized that the next time I am holding my passport I could be at immigration in the UK. Oi.