Good morning and happy Monday! Waking up early for work hasn’t been doing wonders for my dark circles, and I don’t exactly have twenty minutes every day to blend and brighten up those dark shadows. So, I’ve come up with a quick routine to brighten my eyes in three steps which takes me about two minutes max.
I have to admit, my complexion is looking especially glowy thanks to the new bareMinerals foundation shade and the Real Techniques foundation brush I mentioned in Saturday’s haul. I am definitely loving both.
For this eye look you will need:
- a concealer (preferably one meant for under eye darkness)
- white eyeliner
- a highlighter (white eyeshadow)
1. Apply concealer under your eyes and your inner corners, and blend. Unfortunately, the concealer I used isn’t designed specifically for dark circles, but it basically does the job. For the best results, I would recommend something designed for under eye darkness. You want to make sure to get in the space above your inner corners because a lot of shadow comes from this area. This is also the time to cover up any dark veins in your eye area, which I tend to see when I am really tired.
2. Apply white eyeliner to your inner corner and lower waterline, and blend. If anything else, do this step. White eyeliner is amazing for brightening the eyes, and it is a great quick fix.
3. Apply highlighter to your inner corner and upper brow bone, and blend. You want to bring as much light as possible to your eyes, and the highlighter works with the eyeliner to add a nice splash of white against your eyes. Make extra sure to blend out your highlighter because unless you are super pale, the white shadow is going to be noticeable if you don’t blend the edges.
4. Curl lashes and, apply mascara.
5. Smile. In the end, nothing will make you look younger, brighter, and happier than a grin.
There you have it. This process is a super quick and the end result is a natural look that’s perfect for a low-key makeup day or when you don’t have time to put on and blend three different eyeshadows, perfect your winged liner, or try not to mess up smokey eye.
I hope you all have a wonderful Monday. I had an awesome low-key weekend, and as much as I don’t want to get back to the office, unfortunately the weekend wouldn’t be the weekend if it went on forever.
What’s your favorite under eye concealer/product? How was your weekend?