I am a total brat when it comes to doing tags. I totally appreciate being tagged in different stuff, but I am basically I am a spoiled ten year old when it comes to actually doing tags. The thing is, I like to pick tags where I feel like I can give a fun, interesting answer to the questions and, I know I can incorporate a visual element too.
So, I am sorry if I haven’t done a tag that you tagged me in. It’s not that I don’t appreciate it…I’m basically just a tag snob. Anyway. I was tagged by notquitecarrieb to do the 11 questions tag, and my tag snobbery gave me the thumbs up, so here we go…
1. What’s you’re favorite era?
In terms of style, my favorite era is the 1950’s. It was the age of dresses cinched at the waist, gloves, and cat-eye glasses. This era is literally my stylistic dream. I like to dress conservatively and, I love the classiness of an hourglass silhouette. Sigh. It’s so glamorous.
2. What trend do you hope doesn’t return?
I am so glad to say that I never participated in the Ugg trend. I’m sorry, but I think Uggs are Ugg-ly. I don’t care how comfy they are, wearing Uggs with a miniskirt is pretty much equivalent to wearing bunny slippers with a miniskirt. No. Just no.
3. How do you make time for your blogging?
Two words: time management. When I have spare time, I am on WordPress. However, that doesn’t mean blogging consumes my life. Blogging fits into my life. I don’t plan my life around blogging. In total, I probably spend 10 to 15 hours total doing all things blog related. People who think blogging is easy, have no idea! It’s a lot of work, but it’s well worth it and, I love it.
(Yes, I am one of those weirdos who wears an actual watch.)
4. What would you change if you had the opportunity and resources?
This is going to sound so lame considering world hunger, poverty, and all the terrible things in the world, but it’s my post so, I would change the modern food industry. I have read about and studied the modern food production system and, I have slowly begun to realize the costly effects of the chemicals and preservatives in our food on our bodies and planet. This summer, I have made a bigger effort eat clean meaning – reading a lot of labels, limiting processed foods, and upping my veggie and fruit count. Overall, I feel happier, healthier, and my training and energy level has improved.
In my opinion, the US has gotten out of control with how we produce our food. We sell food that is super cheap, but we are destroying our bodies and planet in the process. We are also degrading not only the animals who feed us, who are treated with cruelty from birth to death, but also employees who are forced to work under harsh conditions with minimal pay. If you are interested in this topic, I would strongly recommend watching Food, Inc.
Long rant over.
5. How many make up brushes do you have?
6. What’s your favorite lip products?
I’ve currently been obsessed with my Vaseline Lip Therapy in Cocoa Butter. I don’t really like wearing or worrying about reapplying brighter lip shades in the office, so this is a nice moisturizing product with the right bit of shine. On the other hand, my Revlon lip butter is also a strong contender. It is moisturizing, has great pigmentation, and is inexpensive – aka amazing.
7. What overseas brand/product do you wish you had on your home turf?
Liz Earle – uh. duh – with the runner up being Bourjois. I get so frustrated hearing the European bloggers rave about Bourjois knowing it’s not available in the US.
8. What kind of base coat do you use for your nails?
ULTA Salon Formula Nail Lacquer. I got it on sale for $2, and it does the job perfectly – well worth the price.
9. Do you have a favorite hair product? If so, what is it?
I raved about my John Frieda Frizz-Ease Smooth Start Hydrating Shampoo in another post, but trust me, if you are struggling with your curly hair try this. It was less than $6 a tube at Walmart, and it has totally changed my hair. I can’t say enough good things about both of these.
10. If you could travel anywhere where would you go and why?
In reality, I have been dreaming of visiting my Paris my whole life. In a fantasy world, I would want to travel to some random planet in the Tardis. With Matt Smith as the Doctor. Just me and Matt. Matt and I. Just to be clear.
11. What beauty habit do you just not understand?
I don’t and will never understand fake tan or spray tan. Being pale or tan or anything in between has never bothered me. I don’t care about tan lines or how pasty my skin is in the winter. Like everyone I have beauty hang-ups, but being tan is not one of them.
Jenn @ icedwavez.wordpress.com
Jen @ http://barelyorganizedchaos.com/
Carina @ http://softly.nothingspaces.com/
Budziak @ http://www.budziakbeauty.com/
Michelle @ http://nyrmirez.wordpress.com/
Tori @ http://notoriousbeautyblog.com/
Rebecca @ http://aperfectmasquerade.wordpress.com/
My 11 questions for you:
1. What got you interested in makeup?
2. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life what would it be?
3. What is your favorite book or TV show?
4. What beauty habit do you just not understand?
5. What’s your favorite nail polish brand?
6. What’s your favorite part about being a blogger?
7. What’s the first thing you do when you get up in the morning?
8. If you could only wear either jewelry or lipstick for the rest of your life which would you choose?
9. Who’s your top celebrity crush?
10. You’ve just become queen of the world, what’s the first issue you tackle?
11. What’s one thing people wouldn’t realize about you at first glance?
Everyone else is welcome to jump in on the tag fun, but no pressure as I know some of you are probably tag snobs like me. ;)