Jenn from a Little Bit of Girl Geekery was nice enough to tag me in the Thankful For Blogger Friends Tag. Jenn was one of the first people I talked to on WordPress, and I am definitely grateful for all her support these past few months.
So, let’s get on with the tag!
ABOUT YOUR BLOG:
1. How long have you been blogging?
10 months – so almost a year now! Crazy, right?
2. Are there any bloggers who helped you out/encouraged you when you first started your blog?
I remember Emma from Culturecopia was one of the first people to comment on my blog. She was studying abroad in the Netherlands at the time, and she encouraged me to further my plan to study abroad in England, which I eventually did.
3. What social media has given you the most traffic? Is there a platform that you don’t use?
I get a lot of hits from Facebook when I post something up for my friends and family to see. I really don’t use Tumblr. It’s a little too chaotic for me.
4. How often do you post? Do you have a regular schedule?
I post every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, but recently I have been trying to incorporate some additional posts (like today!).
5. Where do you blog?
Anywhere really. Sometimes I write rough drafts out on paper or in my journal and type them up later.
6. What camera do you use? What about photo editing software?
I use a Panasonic Lumix SZ7 – just a basic point and shoot that I got on sale on Amazon for $130. For editing, I use Photoshop. I talked about my editing process in a post awhile back.
7. How did you come up with your blog name?
It’s just a combination of my names.
8. Do you do any regular “series” posts on your blog?
Well, just recently I did the 10 Things I Love(d) About England series. Other than that, I’d like to figure out another long-term series to do on Tuesday’s or Thursday’s.
9. What draws you to a blog?
A strong writing voice and good pictures. I like to get a sense of a writer’s personality through their words.
10. What turns you off of a blog?
Spelling and grammar mistakes, bad pictures, and hard to read layouts.
11. How many blogs do you subscribe to? Are they all beauty related?
I subscribe to any blog that I am interested in continuing to read. I don’t like the whole “you subscribe to me – I subscribe to you” thing. I read a wide variety of blogs. I’ve been reading my favorite blog, Hungry Runner Girl, for more than two years now.
11. When do you generally read blogs?
When I have free time, I guess. I always check my blog roll in the morning.
12. What is your favorite type of post, and why?
I like day in the life posts. It’s nice to see what motivates people and more of their personality.
13. What is your least favorite type of post, and why?
I don’t like product reviews that don’t really offer anything interesting or new to say.
1. Where do you live? Tell us a bit about your city!
I was living in Leicester, England but now, I am back in the suburbs of Baltimore, Maryland, USA.
2. What about your home?
Right now, I am in my old bedroom at my parents’ house but once school starts again, I will be back in an apartment somewhere close to campus.
3. How tall are you?
I am a tad taller than average – about 5’8.
4. Do you have siblings?
I have two half sisters but, I am the baby of the family.
5. 3 words to describe yourself.
Creative, perserverant, and brave.
6. Who is your style icon, and why?
Uh. Style isn’t necessarily my motif.
7. 3 favorite bands/musicians.
Bruno Mars, Paramore, and Gym Class Heroes.
8. 3 favorite movies.
Juno, Singin’ in the Rain, and When Harry Met Sally.
9. 3 favorite authors.
Sarah Dessen, Scott Westerfeld, and J.K. Rowling
10. 3 random/weird facts about
(i) I am a good cook, but cooking for other people makes me incredibly nervous.
(ii) I would like to write a book one day.
(iii) Instead of watching new TV shows, I rewatch old series over and over again (i.e. Gilmore Girls, Sex in the City, Desperate Housewives).
I hope you learned a little bit more about me! I would be interested in tagging the following bloggers in this tag:
Juul from Chriss Beauty
Hazel from Major Makeup Madness
& Alison from Enza Essentials