This year has been jam-packed. Honestly, sometimes I felt like I was moving so fast that I was about to get whiplash. So, as we all say goodbye to 2013 tonight, I’d thought I’d look back at 13 of the many things that happened in 2013.
1. I started Samandro! I can’t believe it’s been less than a year since I wrote my first blog post.
2. I worked at four different jobs.
3. I studied abroad in England.
5. I rowed with the rowing team on the river near my flat in Leicester. After my first 5 a.m. wake up call, blisters, no gloves allowed, and 30 degree mornings, I can say without a doubt – rowers are tough.
6. I cooked Thanksgiving all on my own.
7. I filled out an entire journal.
8. I lived with the dirtiest roommates I’ve ever had.
9. I had an extreme case of college stress and dropped out of my first college class (reluctantly).
10. I finally was able to quit my four year long stint as a grocery store cashier.
11. I went to Paris for the first time.
12. I broke my ancient Kindle and was gifted a new one for my birthday.
13. I ran 958 miles total.
Here is to new adventures next year.
Happy New Year!