We are officially in mid-summer. In Maryland, that means Target is starting to fill its shelves with back-to-school deals, the humidity is slam dunking us all, and the Bay Bridge is plagued by a never ending saga of beach traffic. However, just because summer is here doesn’t mean that I have abandoned my favorite eye shadows. The Naked 1 is my favorite palette during the summer heat because it is super sweat resistant when paired with a primer.
This gold shadow concoction is just one of the many eyeshadow pairings that I have been using so far this summer season.
1. Prep your eyes by applying eye shadow primer and under-eye concealer.
2. Apply a dark golden eye shadow (Smog) to the outer edge of your lower lash line and your entire upper lash line, winging out the shadow slightly.
3. Apply a golden eyeshadow (Half Baked) to your entire lid.
4. Apply a matte brown eyeshadow (Buck) to your crease. Make sure to blend out the crease after you apply the shadow or it’s not going to look as seamless.
5. Use a dark brown eyeliner to tightline your upper and lower lash line.
6. Apply mascara to your lashes. I am using brown mascara instead of black here.